Maintaining a white smile can be much more challenging than it appears. Smoking tobacco and dark-colored drinking drinks such as coffee, cola, red wine, and poor hygiene habits can all lead to permanent tooth discoloration and stains. Therefore it is crucial to keep in mind the following:
- The aging process can make teeth appear dull because the enamel begins to thin and exposes the dentin layer of the tooth structure.
- Tooth bleaching is a well-known cosmetic procedure that’s highly efficient at removing surface discoloration and stains which affect the outer enamel.
- Teeth whitening is a straightforward procedure.
- Products for whitening comprise two different tooth bleaches (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide).
- This bleaching breaks up stains into smaller pieces. It reduces the intensity of the color and makes your teeth whiter.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF TEETH WHITENING TORONTO
There are various types of teeth whitening products; however, there are only two types of Teeth Whitening Services such as:
WHITENING YOUR TEETH AT HOME
- Currently available, whitening your teeth at home is the most efficient teeth whitening method.
- We use at home specially designed trays that can fit your mouth.
- The whitening gel is inserted into the tray and worn for a few hours a day or during sleep.
- The process can take two weeks! If your tooth is sensitive, we can provide a special gel to reduce the sensitivity.
TEETH WHITENING IN-OFFICE
In-Office Teeth Whitening, also called Zoom uses modern technology. The in-office tooth whitening can deliver satisfactory results in only one visit. Additionally, you will receive a custom tray that you can use at home to make any necessary adjustments.
WHAT CAUSES ALTERATION IN TEETH COLOR?
As time passes, your teeth may change from white to not so white for various reasons..
FOOD AND DRINK
Tea, coffee, and red wines are a few significant causes of staining. The pigments that cause intense color are called chromogens that attach to your tooth’s white outer portion.
Two of the chemicals within tobacco cause stains that are difficult to remove, Nicotine and Tar.
Below the white, hard outer layer covering your teeth (enamel) lies a soft region known as the dentin.
As time passes, the outer enamel layer is thinner as you continue brushing, and the yellowish dentin is visible.
If you have any problem in the mouth, your tooth could change color due to the reaction to the injury by laying down more dentin. That can be a thicker layer beneath the enamel.
The darkening of teeth can be an effect of certain antihistamines and antipsychotics. They can also cause blood pressure medication.
Children exposed to antibiotics like tetracycline when their teeth begin to form could develop discoloration of the adult teeth in their lives.
Chemotherapy and usage of radiation to the head and neck can also darken teeth.
HOW DO BOTH TYPES OF TEETH WHITENING WORK?
AT HOME WHITENING
If you’d like to utilize an at-home kit to whiten the teeth of your mouth, you can visit our dental clinic to provide one.
- When you are doing Teeth Whitening at home, the kit for home whitening will include instructions.
- This method takes more time and can take up to 10 days of treatment.
- In this period, you should beware of colored drinks and foods in the best way possible to ensure that you do not re-stain your teeth.
- The enamel is porous and brittle.
ZOOM TEETH WHITENING
We’re thrilled to provide Zoom White speed, a Light-Activated Whitening System.
- More than 10 million patients have used this Zoom treatment to improve the whiteness of their smiles.
- The treatment is quick and produces astonishing results – often up to 8 shades whiter after a single hour.
HOW IT WORKS ?
A single visit is enough for this process, following a thorough oral examination. After you’re settled sitting in your chair, your dentist will begin by isolating your teeth and preparing your mouth to be the whitening process.
- We also include desensitizers in our procedure to ensure that your mouth is less vulnerable and the enamel of your teeth is secured.
- The bleaching procedure will occur in three 15-minute sessions.
- If you require further whitening to get the desired result, The dentist can conduct additional 15-minute bleaching.
- Each person’s results will be different because of the nature of the tooth discoloration. Age-related staining or drinking beverages that stain teeth will be easier to remove than discoloration caused by fluorosis, tetracycline, or other chemical agents.
- Porcelain crowns, fillings, and other restorative materials do not require whitening by Zoom.
DISADVANTAGES OF TEETH WHITENING:
Certain people who use tooth whiteners might suffer from tooth sensitiveness.
- It happens because the peroxide from the whitener passes through the enamel and into the dentin’s soft layer and causes irritation to the nerves in your tooth.
- In most cases, the discomfort is temporary.
- The use of bleachers can cause damage to the tooth enamel as well as gums.
- Therefore, make sure to follow the instructions of your dentist.
More about our Dentistry services